The updated post can be found here. This one is out of date!
- The MDN documentation (which I wrote)
- The Web Animations API spec
- Its polyfill and a more experimental incarnation of the polyfill, Web Animation Next, which includes level 2 features like grouping and sequencing.
How to give feedback
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject beginning “[web-animations] … ”
On IRC: irc.w3.org#webanimations
On the Animation at Work Slack’s #WAAPI channel.
All browsers except for webkit (iOS Safari, Safari) have begun implementing the API. It’s a large API, so not all browsers have completely implemented all of its components. CanIUse.com is not a reliable source for compatibility as it does not report in detail on which features are implemented in which browsers. Fortunately, there’s a manual test you can do yourself.
People to follow/pester
- Brian Birtles—major author of spec, Mozilla Japan
- Tab Atkins—Googler, coauthor, works on (CSS) specs
- Me—Invited expert at W3C, vocal input-giver on spec.
And of course, you can meet us all on the #waapi channel at the Animation at Work Slack.